As a food producer, Annies is classified as an ‘essential business’ which means we can continue to operate, and we plan to do so for as long as it is safe for our staff, and practical in these new circumstances.
We've always been proud to supply New Zealand with our products, and even more so now.
Where to purchase Annies over the lockdown period?
- ONLINE: You can purchase online as normal at our website annies.co.nz. We are working closely with our couriers for minimal handling of your orders and contact-less delivery. Occasionally there may be delays with orders getting to you, so please bear with us.
- IN STORE: Our team is working to ensure supermarket shelves and other essential outlets are stocked up at all times for you. You can find us in the fruit & vege section in all Countdown nationwide and in the lunchbox section in New World and Pak n Save nationwide.
- If you can't see us in your local supermarket, ask one of the staff or let us know and we'll get in contact with them.
- You can get in contact with us the usual ways - email, contact form on our website, Facebook, Instagram and phone. Lots of us are working at home (juggling kids, quarantine, life and work) so we apologise in advance if we aren't as speedy back to you as we normally are.
- Our fruit snacks factory is fully operational with strong demand worldwide
- Annies have BRC Accreditation (one of the highest food safety certifications worldwide) and are registered National Programme 2 (Food Act 2014 Regs NZ). We are now adding in even more Safe Practice measures, as per MPI requirements, to keep our staff and products safe in the Covid-19 environment.
- Annies have satisfied NZ Government regulations for people and products to be classed as an essential business.
- The European Food Safety Authority (EFSA), the German Risk Assessment Body and New Zealand’s Ministry of Primary Industries have all concluded there is no current evidence that food is a source or transmission route for coronavirus. This is in line with previous information on the transmission route for SARS and MERS-COV.
- New Zealand has a strong reputation and track record for high food safety standards, and we continue to maintain our strong focus on hygiene and food safety. All of our food-producing sites are already on strict food safety, hygiene and cleaning regimes. All products are regularly tested at each stage that they are in our care – processing, production and dispatch, to ensure that all our products meet strict food safety and hygiene standards and are safe to eat.
- Our team are in close contact with our supply chain providers. Given the New Zealand government’s emphasis on ensuring our freight routes remain open, we are not anticipating any broad issues with supply chains.
Our assurance to you
- The situation that we are currently in is unprecedented, fast-changing and unpredictable. The coronavirus pandemic is a new challenge that we are all facing together. We will continue to communicate clearly and promptly as we all work together to ensure people are healthy and products are safe.
One of our core values is manaakitanga – which is about showing kindness and taking care of one another, In these unusual times, manaakitanga is more important than ever.